Join us for Egypt-themed fun this May half-term!
Y-Play, from YMCA Derbyshire, is Ofsted-registered and offers a diverse range of activities for children from Reception to Year 7 during school holidays from 8am to 6pm.
We are now taking bookings for the upcoming May half-term playscheme running from Wednesday 29th May to Friday 31st May 2013. The Playscheme will be run at the new venue of Ravensdale Junior School in Mickleover and activities will include team games, arts and crafts, a trip to Twinlakes Park, a 'Joseph' dance and singing workshop, Wii games and a chance for the children to paint their names in hieroglyphics.
For more information, download the latest Y-Play Playscheme leaflet and all other relevant documents by clicking on the images below.
For an archive of previous Y-Play newsletters, click here
Dates of forthcoming Y-Play playschemes in 2013
Summer dates to be confirmed later.
The aim for our Y-Play Childcare is to provide high quality accessible Out of School Child Care. Y-Play received a rating of Satisfactory in our recent Early Years inspection in July 2009.
• Diverse, quality play opportunities in a stimulating environment
• Special consideration given at all times to safety and welfare
Y-Play has the following objectives:
• To provide appropriate, meaningful and exciting play opportunities for children/young people aged 5 – 14 years
• To make this provision, irrespective of ability, race, culture, religion and social and economic circumstances
• To ensure that children/young people are supported effectively to ensure maximum participation and enjoyment.
• To consider at all times the welfare and safety of children/young people.
• To create for the children/young people an environment which promotes physical, emotional, spiritual, intellectual and educational development through play.
• To create for the children/young people an opportunity to acquire social and behavioural skills through play and interaction with others
• To operate with good practice and value for money as a foundation for provision
Praise for Y-Play Playschemes from parents
“My grandson has difficulty with new, different environments. He settled extremely well over the summer period in your Y-Play Playscheme and I was very happy to see how comfortable he was. You did a great deal for his self-esteem. Thank you very, very much.”
“My daughter attended the recent Y-Play Playscheme and thoroughly enjoyed being there. She enjoyed the interaction with the other children and I can honestly say it has enhanced her existing social and communication skills.”