Go 'Out of this World' at Y-Play this October half-term!
Y-Play, from YMCA Derbyshire, is Ofsted-registered and offers a diverse range of activities for children from Year 1 to Year 7 during school holidays from 8am to 6pm. We are now taking bookings for the upcoming October half-term holiday playscheme running from 27th to 31st October 2014. The Playscheme will be run at Silverhill Primary School in Mickleover.. Children can attend for a full day (8am-6pm), a half day (8am-1pm or 1pm-6pm) or a short day (9am-3pm or 9.30am-3.30pm).
Monday 27th to Friday 31st October 2014
We will be accepting online bookings shortly.
|Make astronaut masks
||Make plate spaceships||Make Star Wars shaped biscuits||Make a Star Wars lightsaber||Make alien masks|
||Football||Tag games||Hockey||Star Wars Dodgeball|
|Make model card rockets||Space fishing art activity||Make Star Wars finger puppets||Hand and feet alien paintings||Watch a space DVD|
|Hockey||Cricket / Rounders||Meteor Dodgeball||Football and
For an archive of Y-Play newsletters, click here
The aim for our Y-Play Childcare is to provide high quality accessible Out of School Child Care.
• We are OFSTED-registered
• We provide diverse, quality play opportunities in a stimulating environment
• We give special consideration at all times to safety and welfare
Y-Play has the following objectives:
• To provide appropriate, meaningful and exciting play opportunities for children/young people aged 5 – 14 years
• To make this provision, irrespective of ability, race, culture, religion and social and economic circumstances
• To ensure that children/young people are supported effectively to ensure maximum participation and enjoyment.
• To consider at all times the welfare and safety of children/young people.
• To create for the children/young people an environment which promotes physical, emotional, spiritual, intellectual and educational development through play.
• To create for the children/young people an opportunity to acquire social and behavioural skills through play and interaction with others
• To operate with good practice and value for money as a foundation for provision
Praise for Y-Play Playschemes from parents
“My grandson has difficulty with new, different environments. He settled extremely well over the summer period in your Y-Play Playscheme and I was very happy to see how comfortable he was. You did a great deal for his self-esteem. Thank you very, very much.”
“My daughter attended the recent Y-Play Playscheme and thoroughly enjoyed being there. She enjoyed the interaction with the other children and I can honestly say it has enhanced her existing social and communication skills.”