YMCA Derbyshire's 2015 Sleep Easy event is taking place on Friday 6th March 2015. Will you sleep rough so that others don't have to?
The aim is simple - get sponsored to sleep rough for one night, raising funds to help disadvantaged young people build a future.
2014 was our most successful Sleep Easy event yet. We raised a staggering £44,000. This money has been instrumental to YMCA Derbyshire. In an eight month period it's enabled;
- 131 people to have a safe place to stay - 86 of whom were under 25 years of age
- Family mediation work to take place resulting in 29 people returning home
- 119 positive move-on's - 75 of whom were under 25 years of age
- 460 hours of extra support to be given to people who needed it most
- No referrals being made to A&E due to self harming as a result of a project that was established to promote coping skills for our residents
- 12 young people to gain a Business Mentor giving the extra support needed to gain employment - so far 4 young people have already gained employment as a result
Date: Friday 6th March at 7:00pm until Saturday 7th March at 7:00am 2015
Duration: 12 hours
Place: Derbyshire County Cricket Club, The County Ground, Nottingham Road, Derby, DE21 6DA
Age restrictions: Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult.
Registration fee: £10 for those in full time employment; £5 for all others.
Visit our Sleep Easy home page: https://secure.artezglobal.com/registrant/startup.aspx?eventid=42626
Sponsor Gillian Sewell our CEO by clicking here: https://secure.artezglobal.com/registrant/FundraisingPage.aspx?registrationID=470139&langPref=en-CA&Referrer=%26Referrer%3ddirect%252fnone
Can I simply make a general Sleep Easy donation?
You don’t need to register as a Sleep Easy participant or even sponsor somebody who is taking part. You can make a general donation to YMCA Derbyshire’s Sleep Easy appeal by clicking here.
Can I purchase Sleep Easy merchandise?
Yes. We will have a range of Sleep Easy merchandise for purchase. Beanie hats cost £4.50 each,hoodies cost £15.50 each and travel mugs cost £3.50 each.
To make a purchase, please email us at email@example.com or speak to one of the receptionists at The Campus for Learning and Development.